Smokey’s Lucky Hunters Buck Pole Contest
TEN lucky winners to walked away with their share of over $1800 in prizes at Smokey’s Lucky Buck Pole Contest on November 16th! Jimmy Poole was the big winner, with a nine-point buck with an inside spread measuring 15 1/4 inches. He received a Northern Oaks Taxidermy shoulder mount, courtesy of taxidermist Tammy Gerard.
Smokey’s Lucky Buck Pole Contest was sponsored by:
- AMERISTEP QUALITY HUNTING ACCESSORIES
- NORTHERN OAKS TAXIDERMY – TAMMY GERARD
First 10 Bucks In Received a Busch Hunting Cap!
FREE RAFFEL TICKETS FOR EVERYONE TO WIN CASH, INSTANT LOTTERY TICKETS AND OUTERWEAR FROM NORTHSHORE CONSTRUCTION!
- Grand Prize: Shoulder Mount from Northern Oak Taxidermy, a $450 Value
- 2nd Place: AMERISTEP “Intimidator” Ground Blind & Wall Shelf, a $360 Value
- 3rd Place: Gift Certificate for rifle & Remington Skinner Knife, a $325 Value
- 4th Place: Busch Camo Chair Set w/cooler plus Smokeys Deluxe Pizza a Month for a Year, a $255 Value
- 5th Place: Case Tin Trapper Set USA & Doe in Heat & Apple Lure plus Northshore Outerwear Set, a $136 Value
- 6th Place: AMERISTEP Archers chair and LED Blind Light & Vest, plus Hammond Cruiser CRT knife, a $121 Value
- 7th Place: Kershaw Black House II Knife plus Ameristep Ground Blind Bow Holder, a $ 77 Value
- 8th Place: Buck Cadet Pocket USA plus Apple Lure, a $51 Value
- 9th Place: Meyerco Tactical Folder plus Doe in Heat , a $41Value
- 10th Place: Mossberg Skinner Knife, a $25 Value
• Northshore Construction
• Mid-Pointe Convenience Store
• Hubbard Lake General Store
• Abend Brothers Collision
• Hubbard Lake Heating & Cooling
• Richardsons Auto Repair
• Al Taylor – Damage & Nuisance Animal Control
2011 Lucky Hunters Buck Pole Contest Official Rules
• The Buck Pole Contest will be held in the parking lot of Smokey’S Restaurant & Tavern on the east side of Hubbard Lake Wednesday, November 16th. Entries will be taken from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM SHARP!
• All bucks must then hang on the buck pole Wednesday, November 16th until approximately 8:30 PM for public viewing. Bucks MUST BE REGISTERED by 8:00 PM SHARP to be eligible and taken from the Spruce and Hubbard Lake Area.
• Hunters must have a valid Michigan Firearms Deer license and be at least 14 years of age or older.
• All bucks will be judged by measuring the longest distance of inside spread; adding that to the number of points 1″ or longer. In case of tie, the outside distance of spread will be measured. All bucks must be legally taken during the 2011 firearm season. Decisions from the judges are final.
• Prizes awarded and the hunting stores told at approximately 9:00 PM at Smokey’s Restaurant & Tavern.